Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Why She's my Favorite: Vampy Bit Me.



Cosplayer Vampy Bit Me is certainly one interesting woman. From first glance at looking at her posts, you'd think she's a metal head totally into weird goth stuff and such. Firstly you wouldn't be wrong, she's DEFINITELY a metal head. However behind that exterior is one of the most sweet and positive cosplayers I've met EVER! Linda has incredible standards for her cosplays and has an absolute joy in the creation process. Cranking out cosplays left and right, sometimes more than one at a time! Seeing her tweet out the late hours working on her cosplays is mind blowing and a bit crazy. I've had the pleasure of meeting Linda on several occasions and she has such a delightful personality. Loving my cosplays and always with a smile. I just feel bad that I haven't had the ability to spend more time in conversation with her!

 What I mostly love is following her Twitter adventures. On top of posting her cosplay days, Linda also gives the best advice, both cosplay wise and life! She also is rarely negative/mean it's like...girl do you GET MAD? The positivity she sends out is incredibly refreshing for the cosplay community. ALSO SHE LIKES NIGHTWING AS MUCH AS ME YAYYYYYY!! Sorry had to get that out there! Her cosplays push her skill level to the max and Linda is always enjoying learning a new material or technique.

She's covered so many genres from games, comics to anime. I can only hope to get on the level she's at one day. Though I myself am unsure as to how much longer I'll be cosplaying. Life gets in the way you know? I plan on hopefully seeing her again at NYCC this year if she's in attendance and I NEED to get me one of her awesome Fiend or Fauxx Shirts! Maybe another print I don't know yet ^_^.

To Linda, thank you for being an immensely positive light for me both personally and cosplay wise. I've only experienced crazy amounts of cosplay work like you have on one prop and I hope you'll enjoy the next outfit i have done for NYCC this year. Keep on rocking girl, don't ever change <3




What's Popular?