Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Yaya Han's Diablo 3 Wizard!

Photo by Sean's Photography
You guys have no idea how much I put off writing another feature on the incomparable Yaya Han. When I saw her Diablo 3 Wizard debut in pictures earlier this year, it was an automatic YES from me in terms of wanting to show it. Yaya uses her cosplay expertise to craft another intricate outfit that's a mix of fabric and armor. Being one of the people who helped introduce Worbla to the cosplay community, it's definitely apparent that this was used for the armor pieces. Color wise, it's a mix of red and gold with some silver. I have to be honest, I'm completely in love with the patterning that Yaya laid out in the armor, especially in the full leg armor. This technique I hope to one day use in an outfit, of course it depends on selecting the correct character. The armor doesn't stop there and is seen on her left arm, shoulders, breastplate, and even a crown.


Photo by Martin Wong
There's even claws extending from from her hand as part of the armor. Yaya possess both elegance and ferocity in the various poses she makes. The swirls on the breastplate look incredibly well done as I've come to expect from Yaya with following her work for so long. The robe is long and features red and white on the edge lines. There's also a gorgeous pattern work on the right cuff. The whole outfit is brought together with a tome/spell book that I believe was made with help/assistance from Kamui Cosplay. I really love the edit Martin Wong made to the photo on the left.

Other notable pieces are the pants which are dual red/gray and the choker shown. The shoulder pieces are shown pointing outward from Yaya and again, the design is perfect. Like other games from Blizzard, the look/armor of your created character can be fully customizable so I'm curious as to where in the game did Yaya find her inspiration to create this. Enjoy the other pictures guys :).


Photographes Sans Frontieres
Photo by Judith Stephens Photography
Yaya Han is equal parts talented and beautiful. If you haven't checked out her massive cosplay work/portfolio, I recommend it! She inspires me so so much to enhance my craft!

What's Popular?