Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Karlibra's Genderbend Riku!


Throughout the course of my time on Social Media and cosplaying, I've came across so many amazing people. Some of which have become such awesome friends and I'm more than happy to gush about one of them to you guys. For today, I have my friend Karli who's Genderbend Riku INSTANTLY made me gravitate to her. It was so great to find another Riku cosplayer not to mention how incredibly beautiful she looks as the experienced Keyblade master! The version Karli chose is Riku's Kingdom Hearts 2 look. Complete with blue pants and the vest. The latter part has the classic colors of white, yellow, blue and black. I love Karli's shoes she chose for him. They're mainly black and white but incredibly high heels!

Photo by David Ngo
Karli's eyes look absolutely beautiful here. Not to mention the long silver wig she wears which matches up Riku's color perfectly. Weapon wise, Karli has the Oblivion keyblade which looks to be done with foam. I have to say it looks so freaking cool and that she did an excellent job on it. The cosplay as a whole was debuted at Wonder*Con this year and I have with me many photos that she sent me so I hope you guys don't mind the excessiveness :).

The pictures vary between convention hall shots to outdoor shots. Karli can be seen doing a variety of poses from raising up her keyblade to standing a bit stoic like, ready for battle. It's unfortunate that she lives on the other side of the country as I would very much love to meet her one day and take awesome pictures of our Rikus together. Was so happy to hear she liked my cosplay of him as well <3. Enjoy the rest of the pictures everyone!








Photo by Alan C. Photography 
Photo by Crickets Hippo Cosplay Photography

Photo by Crickets Hippo Cosplay Photography 
Photo by Crickets Hippo Cosplay Photography
If you guys want to follow Karli on her adventures, check out her Instagram :)

What's Popular?