Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Spectra Marvelous' Scorpion!

Photo by David Ngo
For today, I have an awesome cosplayer who you might know by his page name of Spectra Marvelous! In addition to being a part of Nerd Caliber for video interviews with certain cosplayers, Spectra makes some pretty badass cosplays, some of which revolve around armor. The cosplay I have today is Scorpion's look from the NetherRealm game Injustice: Gods Among Us. It makes sense for the famed Mortal Kombat character to have made a guest appearance considering NetherRealm is also responsible for MK. This design (done by famous comic artist Jim Lee) is a more armored look which is something Spectra is skilled in. Majority of this cosplay was done with EVA Foam which is a material that he's most knowledgeable on. Most of the armor is shown on the front and the pictures I have for you guys don't show the back side so it's unclear whether or not there's armor there as well.


Photo by Eminence Rain
The front armor plate is segmented into 3 pieces in addition to the belt. The layout/style of this looks suspiciously like a scorpion tale which well...makes sense for the character. Scorpion's mask retains his signature look along with a hood covering his head. There are also arm bracers that coordinate with the rest of the outfit color wise. The armor is placed on top of black clothing pieces that give off that ninja vibe. The blades are symmetrical and consist of a gold handle and gray/silver blade.

There's heavy plating on the leg armor and I really love the etching detailing on them along with the rest of the armor. Pose wise, Spectra definitely looks fierce and ready to tear a new one into his opponent. I imagine when striking these poses, the catchphrase "GET OVER HERE!" was probably at the forefront of his mind. Overall I love how this cosplay came out and Spectra definitely did an amazing job on it! Hope you guys enjoy the pictures ^_^.


Photo by Eminence Rain
Photo by Eminence Rain
Photo by Knightmare6 Photography
Definitely check out Spectra Marvelous' FB Page! He's done many other cosplays including a Greninja Gijinka, Meta Knight, and has a Cyborg and Falcon cosplay in the works!

What's Popular?