Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Ms Rae Cosplay's Sailor Pluto!


Another cosplayer I found during/after Wondercon this year was the ever so lovely Ms Rae! However the cosplay she has for today was debuted during Anime Boston a few months back. She only started cosplaying about a year ago with her Sailor Moon (which is adorable by the way!) and at AB, she along with several of her friends decided to cosplay the Outer Sailor Senshi. Ms. Rae took on the role of Sailor Pluto and she looks absolutely majestic! The cosplay itself is in the same fashion as the other Sailor Fukus that the aforementioned characters wear. The exception is the colors in certain areas, it seems that Sailor Pluto's prime color is dark green with a mix of dark red/purple. The skirt and heels appear to be black.

The deep turquoise green wig is absolutely beautiful and I love how the earrings and circlet work with it in terms of color. What's probably a signature part of this cosplay is Sailor Pluto's giant staff she wields as she guards the door of time. It looks incredibly well made and I'm unsure as to how it was done but I absolutely love it. The heart shape at the top of the staff with the red orb in the center looks incredible. The poses Rae makes are so dramatic and powerful. The staff looks to be very light on account of the poses where she lifts the staff very high. It was also commissioned/made by Blade and Board Workshop!

There are the typical parts which coordinate with Sailor Pluto's color including the sleeve cuffs. The editing in the photos is absolutely beautiful and I love the pink colors inserted into the hallway. I hope you guys like the other picture I have to share!






All Photos by Rudi B Photography!

Definitely checkout Ms. Rae Cosplay on Facebook! She did the Punk Sailor Moon based off of the art of Babs Tarr and it looks so badass :D.

What's Popular?