Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Andy Rae's Suicide Squad Harley (I LOVE THIS GIRL)!


It's a common trend to see now more than ever with game footage being leaked, concept art being shown and more details emerge before its actual release date. This even goes for movies and one recent reveal was the Suicide Squad. This team of extremely dangerous (and sometimes psychotic) criminals do seemingly devastating missions in order to shorten their life sentences. They'll be receiving their own movie as part of DC forthcoming cinematic universe. One of the most hyped up team members is Harley Quinn. Her costume reveal in the first photo shown caused dozens of cosplayers to try their hand at recreating her bubble gum like outfit. Enter in one of my favorite Canadian cosplayers Andy Rae. She actually kept quiet about working on this outfit until announcing it with one of the first photos she had taken of it.

The outfit definitely has some inspiration from Harley's current look in the New 52 comics. Notably in the matching Red/Blue booty shorts and leather jacket. Throughout the outfit are various pieces of gold jewelery, bracelets and a belt buckle. Makes me wonder if all of this was provided by the Joker (who will also be in the movie). High blue Converse like boots cover her feet along with ripped up fishnet leggings. My favorite part has to be the wig with the pig tail tips being a lighter shade of red and blue.

Prop wise, Andy has a bat which is definitely the kind of weapon I imagine Harley using (that or a hammer). The poses are very stoic and show her just showing off her complete ensemble. I really love how Andy Rae looks as it's something I haven't seen from her before. The only thing that comes close to this kind of design would have to be her Mad Moxxi cosplay from Borderlands! The makeup is also really well done and I love the additions below her eyes. Overall Andy looks as adorable as she could be crazy. I hope you guys like the other pictures I have! :)






First 3 Photos by ZRB!
Rest of Photos by The Will Box!

Please check out Andy Rae's cosplay page on Facebook! You won't be disappointed and I love chatting with her on it on practically all of her statuses/photos she posts <3

What's Popular?