Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

The Cosplays of Dragon*Con

Photo by David Ngo
Dragon*Con was this past weekend over at the Mariott in Atlanta, Georgia. Rather than being a typical convention (vendors and panels are present), it's mainly dubbed as a giant party convention with thousands of cosplayers hanging with friends and many party cosplays of the sort. Be warned there will be lots of pictures ahead and I'm going to give a very short description of every cosplayer who I know attended and the cosplays they brought. Though I won't post pictures of every outfit, these are my personal favorites and some photos haven't been released yet so it's out of my hand to post them, though I imagine they look amazing!

Abby Dark Star attended alongside her husband Zendragon and the cosplays she wore include Shanna the She Devil, Female 10th Doctor, Claudette from Queen's Blade, Bombshell Black Canary, and Shado from the TV Show Arrow (alongside Zendragon as Slade/Deathstroke).

Casey Anne Cosplay surprised me in cosplaying as Risty from Queen's Blade using a combination of Worbla and Foam (I'm guessing) in creating the mace and armor and holy crap was I blown away! In addition to Risty, Casey joined Destiny Nickelsen's Alisa from Tekken with her Lili. Both outfits based off their Bishoujo statues from Kotobukiya!

Speaking of Destiny, she created a Naval uniform Sailor Moon as a part of a Sailor Moon group featuring my awesome friend Marie Grey who did Jupiter! Destiny also did another Sailor Scout cosplay this time taking the design and applying it to Elsa from Frozen! Destiny also created the Bombshell version of Stargirl and wore her Eleanor Lamb from Bioshock 2 in the parade! Marie Grey also wore her Spider Splicer from Bioshock over at the Aquarium nearby.
Photo by FirstPerson Shooter

Monika Lee and Riki LeCotey wore their Assassin's Creed Unity cosplays as well as a hilarious Looney Tunes group with Katie George. The characters done were Daffy, Bugs, and Elmer Fudd from the classic WABBIT SEASON, DUCK SEASON short (see the above photo). Monika also did a Parks and Recreation cosplay with her boyfriend and wore her badass Demon Hunter from Diablo 3!

Lisa Lou Who was there as well and she wore an updated version of her Punk Princess Peach which I instantly fell in love with. The tattoo which states "In Another Castle" along with the Super Mario Bros castle sprite is awesome. A Pirhanna Plant prop was part of the cosplay too! She also debuted a Pokemon Gijinka of...Magikarp. Yea I'm gonna let that sink in (I still think she was trolling us with that but IT'S SO ADORABLE I CAN'T EVEN)

Uncanny Megan wore her Android 17, Bulma and debuted the Flashpoint version of Wonder Woman and it looks so badass!

My buddy who goes by the name Brandalorian wore his Mandalorian cosplay from Star Wars as well as Nathan Drake from Uncharted!

Johnny Junkers did Ringabel from Bravely Default in one of his classes and wore his Jecht from Dissidia Final Fantasy one last time.

Byndo Gehk wore Wendy from Gravity Falls, her genderbend of Jecht (which was also for the last time) and she debuted her Toothless gijinka from How to Train your Dragon and she looks awesome!

Lindsay Elyse also showed up with cosplays from League of Legends and Fight Club. There were apparently many parties including an underwear one which she and several other took part in.

I know some of these seem short than others but I really wanted to keep this as brief as I could, otherwise this would be one hell of a long read. Some of these cosplays will get an individual focus so for now, enjoy all the photos I gathered! Also forgive me if I missed anything/didn't include EVERYONE that was there that I know of, this is long enough already :).



Photo by David Ngo 

Lisa wearing a Murloc inspired dress she created!
Photo by Jason Chau
Photo by David Ngo
Photo by David Ngo
Photo by David Ngo
Photo by David Ngo
Photo by David Ngo
Photo by David Ngo
Photo by David Ngo





Photo by David Ngo

What's Popular?