Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Nikki Kristan's Tera from Teen Titans!


For today I've got my awesome friend Nikki Kristan who I interviewed not too long ago! In fact I anticipated this to come before the interview but it was great that she got it done sooner for me. The cosplay Nikki's wearing is Tera from the Teen Titans of DC Comics! The cosplay is fairly simple and I can tell Nikki had lots of fun wearing her. For Nikki, Tera is someone who she relates the most to and the old cartoon is one of Nikki's favorite shows. I wonder what she thinks of the current series "Teen Titans Go!". Black boots and yellow short shorts are shown along with a tank top that has Terra's symbol smack dab in the center.

The wig is long and blonde plus Nikki is also wearing brown heavy duty-like gloves. The goggles worn on her head have a bright red-orange tint on the outside. The poses Nikki makes in the photos you'll see really match up to what you'd expect Terra to make. Some are somber and look like she's in deep thought/unsure of what to do, others are battle poses so imagine Nikki's about to control some rocks or Earth-like items and hurl them at you! This was one of the first cosplays I saw Nikki in when I discovered her for the first time and I love it. I hope you guys do :)

Photo by Chelsea Kramer

Photo by TabbyCat Photography
Photo by TabbyCat Photography
Photo by TabbyCat Photography
Be sure to check out Nikki Kristan's page on Facebook for more fantastic cosplays!

What's Popular?