Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Stella Chuu's Supergirl Kai

Photo by Saffels Photography
Today I have the energetic and badass cosplayer Stella Chuu! Stella on top of being a cosplayer is also part of a nerd burlesque group! Rather than focus on that (hopefully in an interview maybe?), I have an incredible cosplay she created for San Diego Comic Con this year. The character is Supergirl from DC Comics but rather it being her traditional look, it's driven from a statue! The statue being part of Square Enix's Play Arts Kai line which has designer Tetsuya Nomura basically create more over the top versions of your favorite characters! Have you seen his Batman one? FREAKING NUTS!

Stella's Supergirl is from what I saw, mainly sewn using fabric that could be mistaken for armor if you didn't look close enough. I'm thinking maybe it's some kind of vinyl? Her Supergirl also includes a Nerf Sword which she painted and the poses she makes are awesome! The cosplay was debuted alongside her friend Chubear Cosplay who wore Wonder Woman from the same line of statues. The blue and red colors of the cosplay work incredible together and the wig looks beautiful. There weren't many photos of them in poses so alongside what I have, there are also work-in-progress pictures. Enjoy guys!

Wonder Woman Kai cosplay created by Chubear Cosplay!




Photo by Saffels Photography
To see more of Stella's cosplays, visit her Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/stellachuuuuu

Other places to keep up with Stella:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/StellaChuuuuu (expect derp pictures and cosplay butts)
Instagram: http://instagram.com/stellachuuuuu

What's Popular?