Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: April Gloria's Aela the Huntress!


I'm bringing you guys to the incredible world of Skyrim with today's Cosplay Feature! Here I have a new cosplayer I'm featuring, the lovely April Gloria! I came across her a few months ago for the first time through her uncanny (seriously) resemblance to Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite. This is especially the case when April is wearing her Burial at Sea outfit! Having showcased that character multiple times before I wanted to see if there was another cosplay of hers that pulled me in and wowed me. All I can say is that this definitely screams epic! Here, April is cosplaying as Aela the Huntress, one of the thousands of NPC's wandering around the world of Skyrim. Aela belongs to a group of warriors known as The Companions based in Whiterun!

Getting to the cosplay, April's outfit consists of mainly rough leather and armor for her shoulders, neck and belt buckle. Not to mention the giant sword she's wielding along with a small dagger! The wig used is a very light brown/auburn colored and flows beautifully on her. The armor pieces were made out of paper first then laced with fiberglass! Craft foam handled the bracers since she couldn't find a way to use paper for them like everything else. Other things to note include freaking chain mail done for the leg flaps and long socks modified for arm covers. There's a whole lot more covered in the other progress photos so I'll include links at the bottom if you want to learn more, otherwise this might be a much longer post than it already is (my bad, this cosplay is just too epic!). April's husband did a fantastic job with the photos taken for this cosplay, the wilderness is perfect in capturing the authentic Skyrim look. Also, that facepaint is AWESOME!





All photos taken by April's Husband!

If you want to follow more of April Gloria's work, check out her Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/aprilgloriacosplay

Work-In-Progress Album of Aela:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.570666512984786.1073741833.556021634449274&type=3

What's Popular?