Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Lisa Lou Who's SDCC Cosplays!


I have such a big cosplay crush on Lisa Lou, and I'm pretty sure I mentioned it before so today, if it's ok with you guys, I wanted to take a closer look at all the cosplays she brought to San Diego Comic Con this year! The first of which as you can see above is her Handsome Jack gender-bend from Borderlands 2 (Jackie in this case). The cel-shading effects are freaking incredible and I love how Lisa looks in the cosplay overall. The shorts have awesome detail and the way she made the mask look is perfect with the screws/bolts just being attachments with some adhesive on the back.

The black bra insert adds a bit of sexiness and as I mentioned before, reminds me of Jessica Nigri's Mad Moxxi! The gun was made by a friend of hers and is a perfect prop since the gun itself is dubbed "Good Touch" and belonged to Moxxi in the actual game.  The wig is long and beautiful with a white extension added in! The boots with yellow knee socks to me, give off a sense of sassiness. To top it off, the poses Lisa makes definitely capture the essence of Handsome Jack especially the facial expressions, LISA DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK (Just like Jack :D).

Next up is Leina from the anime Queen's Blade. My knowledge of the show itself (and anime in general) is pretty much down to nothing. From what I've seen with other cosplays of these characters is that they're both badass and also revealing in terms of skin. Lisa actually mentioned on her page that this is the most revealing cosplay she's ever done but I'm glad she wore it with full confidence BECAUSE IT'S SO AWESOME! My best guess is that the breastplate and shield were done with either foam or Worbla (or a mix of the two). She thankfully had help from her boyfriend with the making of the sword and the belts up near her shoulders add in to the craziness of this cosplay.

The cloth extending down from the main armor piece is a dark red with a blue insiginia/symbol. Both her arms are different with one being enclosed in armor and a shield attached. The leg armors look to be made the same way. The one thing I love about these photos is that the background is perfect and the poses Lisa makes give off a determined look! She looks ready for battle!

Lastly is Lisa's Bombshell Batwoman from DC Comics. The character is part of a statue line by DC and was also part of a monthly theme where the "Bombshell" look graced many of the comic book covers. For Batwoman, the cosplay is that of a baseball uniform and how it looked back in the 1950's. The main colors of black and red match up to the character's look today and Lisa looks so adorable. The hat has added bat ears on the top with her emblem in the center. On the back is the fictional team sewn in with the number 52 referencing The New 52. Red gloves and black high socks are also included along with high top Converse style shoes (again decorated with the bat-symbol.

The red wig looks awesome and Lisa did a great job with painting the mask on her face as it looks on the cover. The poses capture the 50's look and Lisa's smile in all of them is just so sweet to look at! I know I definitely need to get prints of these cosplays when I can because I love them so so much! I really wish I was able to see Lisa again this year but it's very slim that it can happen. Still though, meeting you at PAX East is still one of the highlights for me this year Lisa! You're just as sweet as I thought you were from all the interviews I've seen you in and I can't thank you enough for all the support you've given me :D. Here's some more pictures!

Photo by Joits Photography









All photos unless noted by Robbins Studios Photography and Fine Art

If you want to see more of Lisa's amazing cosplays check out her Facebook Page:
She also makes amazing hoodies for sale which you can find here:

What's Popular?