Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Jessica Nigri's Battle Armor Elsa!


When Jessica Nigri unveiled the idea of making a Battle Armored Version of Elsa from Disney's Frozen, you can imagine how excited I was to see this come together. The idea of the Battle Armored Disney Princesses was created by Gladzy Kei Art over on deviantArt. Jess instantly fell in love with the designs and actually asked the artist to imagine what Elsa would look like in this particular attire. Once finished, Jess went right to work in making the armor and let me tell you, the designs on each armor part are incredible!

Photo by Studio Henshin Photography
The fabric covering her legs, arms and down between the legs look beautiful and are of a light transparent blue. Each of these are covered with either arm guards of leg armor. The armor around Jess' waist reminds me of the way she did the same thing for her Janna from League of Legends not too long ago. One shoulder pauldron is on her right shoulder and everything looks gorgeous!

Worbla was the main material used for the armor. In addition, glitter was used to make the armor pieces pop and look all snow-like! Jessica also crafted a hood and the rims along that and her chest plate are adorned with white fur.  For the wig, Jess had a difficult time styling it and asked fellow cosplayer and awesome friend Destiny Nickelsen since she made an outstanding Elsa herself. The cosplay was debuted at Anime Revolution in Canada along with other cosplayers who did different princesses. The editing on the photos look simply amazing! :D ALL THE PRETTY BLUE!







Photo by Vivid Vision
All other photos by David Ngo!

Check out Jessica's Facebook for more cosplays and her Instagram for progress pictures on Elsa! She also rambles funny stuff on Twitter too!

Here's a link to Gladzy Kei's page as well for the original Art Pieces!


What's Popular?