Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplayer Interview: Lisa Lou

You may have seen this talented lady featured on my blog already. I was fortunate to also be able to interview Lisa and her amazing cosplays that she has created. As of recent Lisa has made a beautiful Harley Quinn with a Victorian Style to her looks and it's arguably one of my favorites at the moment! I am very much looking forward to meeting her at New York Comic Con this year. Some of the things noted as with most of these interviews may seem out of date and I apologize. I do hope you guys enjoy this!

Photo by RJW Photography


Minnesota hailing cosplayer Lisa Lou, or Rarity as most of you might know her, is known not only for her gorgeous cosplays but also as being the owner of an Etsy store by the name of Rarity’s Boutique! Here she creates her own handmade hoodies for those who want to express their inner geek in a creative way. Some of these hoodies range from The Last Airbender, My Little Pony and most recent her Eevee Evolution Hoodies (which are unbelievably cool). Her cosplays range from Marceline from Adventure Time, Kratos, Stocking, Jasmine and more, so lets see what Lisa Lou has to offer us.

1.   What is your Name?
My real name is Lisa Lou, but most know me as Rarity.
2.   Where are you from?
Minnesota!
3.   How long have you been Cosplaying?
Honestly, for less than a year. I've been in love with it and obsessed with it for about four years now, though - just without the money to make costumes for myself. I'm now finally able to do something I love so much!
4.   What is your Favorite Cosplay you’ve made so far? 


Jasmine was so ridiculously fun because she's my favorite princess!  Having the edginess and creativity of being a thief-version of her made the cosplay that much more fun to create and wear!
5.   Are there any upcoming outfits that you are able to share/tell? 

I'm in the process of making Tira from Soul Calibur! She was one of the first cosplays I ever wanted to do, so I'm excited to premiere that costume at Anime Central in Chicago this upcoming May!
6.   How did you get into Cosplay? 

I found out about it because of Internet lurking. A friend told me I should look into it because of my love for costuming and geeky things - so once I found out about awesome cosplayers like Jessica Nigri and Yaya Han, I fell in love with cosplay and never let go!
7.   Who’s your favorite Video Game Character? 

Kratos from God of War, by far! He's so badass!
8.   Who’s your favorite Comic Book Character? 

Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim!

9.   What was a memorable con moment? Worst con moment?
Most memorable con moment actually only happened a few weeks ago when I was interviewed by the famous YouTube interviewer, Kassem G. Least favorite moment was at NYCC when I was Injustice Catwoman and people wouldn't let me eat or sit down - they wanted pictures every moment and didn't realize I was a human being. It almost made me never want to cosplay again. Here I am though, I just can't stay away!
10. Do you have a Favorite convention you go to/been to? 

Wondercon, so far, has been the best. People were just so nice and fun!
11. What advice would you offer to those that want to get into cosplay? 

Just have fun and don't worry about what other people think. Cosplay what you love and do what makes you happy.
12. What is your favorite part of cosplaying as a character? 

Changing everything about me to be that character. I enjoy full transformations, so I even wear contacts, different makeup, and all different wigs to look as much like the design, and not myself.

Picture:
Photo by Photosynthetique
 

What did you use to create this outfit? 

This was my first time making armor, so I found a craft foam tutorial online and made all of the metal parts out of craft foam, can you believe it?!
It was also my first time making a cat suit, and making it out of vinyl was incredibly hard. Practically everything was hard about this costume, actually, it was easily the hardest costume I've made so far, and I loved it! With the game coming out this April, I'm considering wearing it again soon!
How long did it take to create? 

It took about three weeks to make, taking up every inch of my nights off and weekends. I feel the hard work paid off though!

Photo by sonderful

Photo by Extrosy Photography

Photo by Nude Carbon Studios

Photo by Player 2 Photography


Conclusion:

Well there we have it, thanks to Lisa-Lou for giving us time out of her busy cosplay schedule to have a chat to us. If you wanna get to know her a little better and get first access to her costume updates and her Con plans, make sure to like her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter and check out her Etsy store!

Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/LisaLouWhoCosplay
Twitter:https://twitter.com/ItsLisaLouWho
Etsy Shop with her Hoodies:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/raritysboutique 



What's Popular?