Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Yaya Han's Chun-Li

It make me very happy to dedicate this weeks Cosplay Feature to the incredible and supportive Yaya Han! Yaya has been cosplaying for nearly a decade and is one of the very few who is able to have cosplay as an actual business. Specifically she handles little accessories such as Pegasus wings and pony/cat ears. She is also a huge advocate for bringing positivity in the cosplay community. This is done by not only making many convention trips to see her fans but she also hosts cosplay panels which discuss the basics of getting into cosplay and the Sociology behind it! Having the pleasure of meeting her at this past Boston Comic Con was a highlight for me as she was incredibly nice and loved my own cosplay despite the malfunctions it had.

Photo by Benny Lee Photography


Now for her outfit, it was tough choosing which one due to her wide variety of outfits and the fact that I have multiple favorites of hers. After looking through her many albums, I decided that her Chun-Li was amazing that I had to write about it. This Chun-Li if you've noticed isn't based off the regular video game design. The style here is Art Noveau and the outfit was designed by Razvan-Sedekiah. Everything about this outfit I love, from the ruffled like fabric on her shoulders to the intricate embroidery on her corset piece. The wrist cuffs are awesome and the boots are well-crafted. Although I expect nothing less considering the amount of talent Yaya has gathered from years of practice. Below are some more photos of this amazing cosplay and I definitely am looking forward to seeing her again this year!

Photo by LJinto

Photo by Martin Wong

Photo by Martin Wong

Photo by Paul Tien

What's Popular?