Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Riki LeCotey's Black Cat!

Black Cat is arguably one of the most common cosplays I see created amongst all the cosplayers I follow. In fact several ladies who have been featured on these days have done Black Cat at some point in their cosplay run. One of my favorites has to be Riki's version. Riki (who also goes by her FB page name Riddle) is another Atlanta based cosplayer who was also a part of the show Heroes Of Cosplay. She strives to be a professional prop maker which is definitely seen in some of her past outfits such as her HellGirl seen in the show.

What I love about her Black Cat not only stems from the fact that it's amazingly crafted but the photos taken of her in it definitely captures the essence of the character. These include her casually unzipping the corset as if she's going to relax, making seductive faces and just being plain sexy (yea I said it). All these things are definitely what comes to mind when I think Black Cat cause I imagine that's how she's supposed to act in the comics. Don't believe me? Take a look at the pictures I got for you to look at! Riki nails it so perfectly and I'm very much looking forward to more of her outfits, oh and I get to meet her at an upcoming convention this year so I'm very excited :D

Photo by Benny Lee Photography

Photo by Benny Lee Photography

Photo by Bryan Humphrey

Photo by Jay Tablante

Photo by John Johnson



What's Popular?