Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Convention Flashback: Boston Comic Con 2013

The most recent convention I attended was about a month ago in Boston at the Seaport Center. This was also my first time going having its previous date postponed due to the tragedies that happened back in April. BCC was a great experience and in all honesty I spent most of my time hanging out with fellow New England cosplayers that I have had the pleasure of either meeting or interacting with online. Not only that but I was able to spend time with a friend of mine from college who also decided to go. This was also her first time going as well and we both had an amazing time. There weren't too many vendors as I saw mostly artists (then again I did mostly hang out in the Artist Alley).

I met up with cosplayers Nicole Marie Jean and Spencer Doe and was able to chat with them a bit. Talking about the process and materials I used to construct my Meta Knight gijinka I debuted. I also finally was able to chat with Destiny Nickelsen for a good amount of time as we had up until then mainly chatted online since NYCC last year. Finally I was able to meet one of my cosplay inspirations Yaya Han who is very much well known in the community for the awareness she brings on top of positivity and the fact that she makes jaw-dropping outfits (she's also one of the stars on SyFy's "Heroes of Cosplay"). She's also one of few that actually has cosplay as her full time job/career and that's truly something to be amazed about. Having her also love and appreciate my cosplay really brought a smile to my face. Regarding my cosplay, unfortunately due to lack of velcro straps, the cape didn't stay on too long and while I managed to get it back on, it kept coming off as I bumped into people so I gave up wearing it (which Yaya of course understood as I saw her later without the cosplay on since all cosplayers have it happen to them including her). There were other issues again revolving around lack of velcro so I decided to make improvements and will wear him another time. Here are some pictures from the event! Oh and I wasn't able to take too many due to my outfit being complicated in taking pictures with the gloves I wore.

Me and Destiny Nickelsen in her Fionna cosplay from Adventure Time

Destiny and I early in the morning as the covention was starting up

Nicole Marie Jean as a female version of Shao Kahn from Mortal Kombat

Yaya Han in her Power Girl cosplay she changed into late in the day

Destiny Nickelsen as White Phoenix from X-Men

Yaya Han as Invisible Woman from Fantastic Four

What's Popular?