Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Alina Masquerade's Jessica Rabbit!


I had just found Alina Masquerade's work only recent and who isn't a fan of Jessica Rabbit? That pretty much sold me immediately and I wanted to talk about it for you all today. There's of course the classic red dress that Alina is seen wearing, but she also has done several variants of the character which isn't seen often enough! For starters, Alina's classic Jessica is made up of her iconic red/orange hair with the long flowing red dress. The dress is covered in sparkles and looks to have some corset action that was probably used as the base. The red fabric looks to have been sewn on top of this piece. Alina also nailed the eyeshadow makeup as it's a dead on replica for the character. Long purple gloves cover her arms and heels top off the remainder of the cosplay.

The dress has some slits/openings on the bottom section so Alina is able to show off her legs much like how Jessica does in the film. As I mentioned at the top of this piece, Alina has done a few other versions of the character and they're quite stunning! These are outfits I've only seen in pin form during my past trips to Disney World. In any case, one outfit is pirate based! Here, the wig is changed up to be more of a dark red shade. The red corset and purple gloves remain unchanged but the dress on the bottom is exchanged for a skirt. The sides of this are a bit poofy in shape with what looks to be a tailcoat extending off Alina's backside.

There's an opening in the front which shows a black skirt that has a cute lace design along the bottom. Black boots make up the footwear as well! Resting on top of Alina's head is of course a pirate hat done in black with a gold trim plus grey ruffles along the top. A simple necklace can be seen as well.


The last Jessica variant I have is her in a classic/simple nurse uniform. Here, Alina has a white skirt and top with a somewhat large belt wrapped around her waist. The chest is super defined here because of course it is. Slightly unbuttoned to stay true to the character. Alina has a small nurse cap on top of the wig (same one used in the Pirate uniform) and a syringe acting as its prop. You can also see red heels for footwear! Alina has simple poses going on but really shows off her figure which is one thing Jessica Rabbit absolutely loves to do! All the versions are simply awesome, you can view the other photos I picked out down below!





While it may seem that Alina is known for cosplaying as Jessica Rabbit, there's a slew of other cosplays she's created too! You can find her sites through her Patreon below <3 :)
https://www.patreon.com/alinamasquerade
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?