Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: JennyBelly's Espeon!

Photo by Kevin the Director

So long as Pokemon exists as a franchise, so too will the endless gijinka concepts of the more than 700 pocket monsters. Today, I have the absolutely adorable JennyBelly in a beautiful kimono-esque version of Espeon. For the psychic based Eeveelution, Jenny went all out on the lavender color scheme with hints of pink that you can see in places such as her collar piece. Overall, we have first a super long wig in lavender that consists of twin tails traveling down on either side. Dark blue ears can be seen sticking out in addition to pink ones right next to them. Jenny's top is more so like a crop top with that pink collar piece I mentioned earlier. A red gemstone can be seen in the middle of that section which calls back to the gemstone adorning Espeon's forehead.

A white tie is hanging off of the collar and the top as a whole is lavender in color with a frilly trim at the bottom. That frilliness is repeated as the top trim for her long skirt. A giant pink bow is wrapped around her waist and takes up a good portion of this bottom area. Pink is the main color for this skirt with some white acting as side coverage. There's also some added detailing in these pieces which looks absolutely beautiful! I love the overall fabric choice that Jenny went for Espeon. It has lots of folds to it and looks like it flows wonderfully for some of the pictures I have to share of this.

In addition, Jenny has super long sleeves that have that oversize look to them. Bands in a darker shade of purple can be seen wrapped around just above her elbow area. There's also a small Espeon plush that Jenny has as a prop, but also to help people figure out which Pokemon she's cosplaying as in case it isn't too widely known. The outdoor setting for these pics is BEYOND PERFECT. With how the outfit looks, it's totally suitable to the background in the shots taken. Take a look!


Photo by Kevin the Director

JennyBelly is a fabulous cosplayer and I would absolutely recommend you check out more of her work down below!
https://www.instagram.com/jennybellycos/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?