Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Catherine Rose's Primrose!


One thing I was hoping to see leading up to and after the release of Octopath Traveler was of course the cosplays. Hell, even I toyed with the idea of cosplaying as Cyrus at one point. Luckily, Catherine Rose fulfilled that wish with her GORGEOUS Primrose cosplay. Primarily, Primrose is a dancer in the game and fulfills that job class. Catherine went along with the default outfit and it's absolutely gorgeous. Typically, the Dancer class has a somewhat minimal design and Cat nailed it from head to toe. For starters, she has a gorgeous brown wig with various strands/curls traveling down. On top you can see a headband done in brown with a gold trim design on the edges. This looks to have been done with foam or worbla, and is repeated in other sections throughout the cosplay.

For instance, she has a collar with a beautiful neckpiece attached to it. Several green circles/gemstones are visible on this item and it's also repeated in the belt that's wrapped around Catherine's waist. Her top has a dark brown trim that has a triangle pattern repeated with small gold studs on each of them. Below that is a deep red shade with some etching along the bottom. The top has no shoulder coverage being that this is a Dancer type outfit. The bottom area has that same brown trim with a lot more going on.

There's the belt I mentioned earlier which has gold circles with the green gem centered in each of them. Gold strands dangle on the center of this area too. The red fabric has more gold pieces dropping downward alongside their ends. Bracelets decorate Cat's arms along with ankle bracelets too! She can also be seen brandishing a dagger in one of the shots which looks to be hidden. The red fabric extends off her backside and gives full view of her legs. The rocks in the background really are perfect given the desert area that acts as Primrose's starting zone in her story.


I wish I was able to find more photos of this to share with you guys but hopefully this is enough. Catherine did such a perfect job portraying Primrose and I really love how it all came out in the end!

All Photos by Slawthe!

If you want to view more of Catherine's work, then hop on over to her Instagram! Lots of Xenoblade and Fire Emblem is present, you won't be disappointed <3
https://www.instagram.com/cannolicat31/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?