Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Yaya Han's Misato!


One major deal that happened in the entertainment world was Netflix releasing the entirety of fan favorite anime Neon Genesis Evangelion. To celebrate its release last month, cosplay queen Yaya Han shared some stellar new photos of her Misato cosplay from the show itself. Having never watched the show myself (runs away from outraged fans), I have to say this outfit is really gorgeous. not to mention the background is so freaking perfect for the character. Latex looks to be one of the primary material types for the cosplay. Purple is also a standout color mainly with the wig. The main dress has a very plug-suit look to it with coverage up by Yaya's collarbone and opening in the chest a la Power Girl. I noticed that the chest opening is in the shape of a heart, which is a lovely touch that the show must have added in. Maybe it has some deeper meaning with the context of the show?

The sides on the torso area have a small hint of dark blue. This is also repeated in Yaya's sleeves which are shown slightly before the latex gloves kick in as an extra layer. It ends at her hands being covered in a lighter blue fabric. Red can be seen as part of like a wrap around. There's also grey circles towards the bottom of this dress! The black layered gloves have some neat line patterns going on too!

The shots don't give a complete full view BUT you do get peeks of Yaya's leg coverage. Again, latex is used but this time you've got red stripes circling them near the top. This is also done in sets of 3 for each leg. I'm very curious as to where this cosplay was shot since the setting is again so perfect for the character. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a location/attraction related to the show.


With posing, cosplay construction and everything else that comes with the hobby, Yaya as always maximizes the result. The end product is always something of an incredible caliber and it's hugely why she's an amazing and wonderful force in the cosplay world! <3




All Photos by Brian Boling!

For more info on Yaya Han's work, you can always check out her official website down below :)
http://yayahan.com/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?