Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: League of Larcy's Pajama Guardian Soraka!

Photo by A Peace of Light

My lovely friend Larcy has such an array of cosplay making skills, whether it's making a whole set of Monster Hunter armor, to comfy cosplays like a Mudkip romper. Both of which were recently debuted at her last convention! Today however, I wanted to focus a bit on the comfy side. Sometimes you just need something cozy to look at or wear at busy events like conventions. Pajama Guardian Soraka is one such cosplay and OH MAN GUYS IT'S SO CUTE! The idea here is taking an established skin that the champion Soraka has (from League of Legends) and turn it into comfy nightwear! Like most LoL cosplays I write about, it involves me having to travel to the Wiki site in order to gather more information XD. Turns out as I was looking up the skin I thought it was based on, Pajama Guardian is a legitimate skin! How about that?

Photo by VanSnug
From the name itself, lots of soft material was used for the cosplay in addition to the color scheme. Being green with yellow and blue, that's ever so present in the photos I found. Larcy has long pants and a shirt which looks to have that long strip of yellow down the center. Decorated up at the top here is a blue bow with a star in its center. Larcy seems to have a jacket of sorts that's long sleeved with a whole lot of fluff alongside the cuffs. To top it all off, you have a hoodie portion that has a yellow trim line with cute ears! The wig is a very pastel shade of green.

I absolutely can't forget to mention the giant unicorn like horn sticking out of her forehead! There's also another set of actual ears closely placed with the wig. All the photos are super bright and soft too! I am a big fan of Larcy's serene expressions on her face too, and the nature scenery works really well with this character and skin. Some of these shots also portray certain colors differently due to the lighting effects. Which color is the real one? START GUESSING <3.

Photo by TatiStyle

Photo by A Peace of Light

Photo by VanSnug

Larcy seriously is a dear friend of mine and is wonderfully creative! Not only does she make cosplays, but also a variety of cute hats that you can commission her for! Check out her work in the link below!
https://www.instagram.com/leagueoflarcy/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?