Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Phalafel Cosplay as Meta Knight!

Photo by David Ngo

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

While apparently more shots were taken, I didn't want to wait any longer to share this INCREDIBLE cosplay. For Katsucon earlier this year, Phalafel Cosplay took a literal take on Meta Knight from the Kirby franchise. Heavily leaning on the "Knight" portion, there's a whole lot of beautiful armor to stare at. To start, Phalafel has a black bodysuit/base of sorts that all the armor lays on top. The armor is segmented out in several pieces. There's the massive chest piece, leg armor and pieces that completely cover the top part of her arms. I have a gut feeling that this whole cosplay was a labor of love since the end result is simply magnificent. Phalafel's arms have straps on the lower side for an easy attachment, with white gloves for her hands.

The arms, plus legs and chest have this fantasy like ornate detailing to them. A blue gem can be seen centered up towards the upper area. Phalafel has a beautiful dark blue wig in addition to MK's sword, Galaxia. The hilt has an awesome curve to it and the blade itself is etched with some killer details. I don't know if the helmet is wearable but it's certainly knight-like in its design. A white collar can be seen in addition to the character's signature purple cape.

The cape travels down pretty far so I'd like to think it just about touches the ground. THE SHOULDER PIECES ARE AWESOME :D. Full blown purple and gold with the latter color serving as the armor's trim. You can see gold tassel pieces here as well. The "M" is plastered up on each shoulder piece and I'm in awe of how gorgeous the shade is. Much like the other armor pieces, there's detailing and etching involved. Again, I wish I had more shots to share with you guys but the ones I do have show off the cosplay beautifully. Phalafel is an amazing creator, definitely need to be following her if you're not!

Photo by Eye of the Storm Drake

Phalafel just wrapped up a shoot as a Lynel from Breath of the Wild and YOU KNOW I'M GONNA WRITE ABOUT THAT <3. Go check out Phalafel Cosplay's stuff at the link below!
https://www.instagram.com/phalafelcosplays/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?