Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: ItsYoru as Nero!

Photo by Knightmare6

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

It's always great seeing my buddy ItsYoru at cons whether he's there for fun or helping out at a booth like he was at PAX East earlier this year. Sadly I wasn't able to see him at Katsu but man did he bring out some crazy outfits for that con. Today, I wanted to take a look at one of them, Nero from Devil May Cry 5. Chris is always raving about some of the games that have already released this year and to him, Nero was a no-brainer to make. The character's design is pretty simple though he's got some quirks that really add to it. First off, you got this long and beautiful blue coat that goes to the middle of the legs. A red shirt is seen underneath with a couple of rings hanging from a necklace.

Photo by Princess Gigglesnort
One hand features a black glove where as the other arm involves an armored gauntlet. This is done to help replicate Nero's cyber arm that he utilizes throughout the game. Lots of blue and silver make up the design with some small hints of red in there too! I love how the jacket has some holes up near the end of the gauntlet. Down towards his hand, you have some finger armor in both blue and then bronze for the fingers themselves.

The other prop being used is Nero's signature gun which has some badass weathering going on in addition to some symbols being etched in. Chris had some wonderful assistance with certain parts of the cosplay. Specifically the arm, gun and jacket were made by various cosplayers and friends of his. One of which (Edgelord Cosplay) cosplayed with him as Dante! Rounding off the cosplay you got some simple pants and some boots. I also really love the white wig he's got going on for! Check out the other shots I grabbed down below!

Photo by Knightmare6

Photo by Knightmare6

I highly recommend you all check out ItsYoru's page down below! He's such a delight to hang with at cons and really enjoys bringing cosplays to life! You won't regret it :D.
https://www.instagram.com/itsyoru/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?