Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Sylvia Slays' Atlanna

Photo by Michael Benedict

It's not a secret to most people that I thoroughly enjoyed the Aquaman movie. I found a gorgeous Atlanna cosplay done by cosplayer Sylvia Slays and holy smokes does she look stunning! In many ways, the outfit as a whole is very similar to Mera's costume in the movie. You could probably go as far to say that it's mostly a recolor. Of course it's much more than that. Sylvia's Atlanna has that same hexagon pattern repeated throughout the suit. It looks like footwear is nonexistent as the suit takes care of that for her. Some parts of the suit have dark blue lines traveling throughout. Mostly these lines can be seen along the chest area.

Photo by Eric Anderson
The suit is mostly a very light blue/silver in its color. Alongside Sylvia's waist is a lone emblem representing the city of Atlantis. Additional parts of the cosplay include a silver crown/tiara which is full on silver and has such a beautiful design. Of course I wasn't going to forget about Atlanna's massive trident that's seen in most of the photos I found! The prop is a darker grey in color and consists of 5 points on one end.

Sylvia also has a long white/blonde wig with long ends on either side. Many of the shots were taken on a beach setting and I mean, you can't get any more perfect than that right? She's got some stellar posing and power stances going on, the trident certainly has some weight. That's mainly due to it's size if I were to guess. Check out all the pictures I found for this cosplay down below!




Photo by Coldbluesky Photography

Photo by Michael Benedict

Photo by Michael Benedict

Photo by Eric Anderson

Sylvia is such a beauty and has done some stellar cosplays in her time doing this hobby. If you want to learn more of her work, check out her website below :D
https://sylviaslays.weebly.com/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?