Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Nicole Marie Jean as Fem. Loki!

Shot by Michael Cassada

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

Nicole Marie Jean has always been someone I've admired and looked up to in not just being the person she is, but her drive to make some pretty amazing cosplays. Such as the one I've brought to you all today. Nicole once again steps into the gender-bending world with a female take on Thor's infamous brother. Nicole has stated that she isn't fully done with Loki so there will most likely be an updated version with some additions. Having wanted to bring this to her recent convention, she improvised. Nicole here is in a mix or armor pieces and fabric, with a beautifully green corset making up the main piece of the cosplay. Directly above the corset is a bra piece done in green scales with a gold outer lining. This look/style is pretty much repeated for the other armor spots that's incorporated in the full cosplay.

Below the corset, Nicole has a small brown belt around her waist. Here, two buckles can be seen in addition to attachments in the form of hip armor and a small tabard coming down the middle. There's also a metal chain coming down from the belt as well. For her arms, Nicole has twin bracers done the same way as her bra piece. Tall dark brown boots make up her footwear. Arguably though the stand out pieces have to be the cloak and horns. The latter piece is her headdress which looks like a face plate and the horns extend outward from the very top. The center of the helm is adorned with a green jewel.

The cape has old style fur shoulder pieces attached to an incredibly long piece of green fabric that matches pretty much everything else. Nicole also has a long black wig on with some beads added in. She's also wielding the Tesseract cube as seen in several of the MCU films. Most of the shots I have are hall shots from the con this was debuted at. Including also a super cute selfie. I'm very much looking forward to her updated Loki, and will most likely fangirl like I do with all of Nicole's cosplays <3.





Nicole puts so much effort and love into her cosplays guys. You'd be doing a disservice to yourself if you're not following her work. Also having revamped her Patreon a few months back, seeing the success has made me incredibly happy for her so check that out too! :)
https://www.facebook.com/NicoleMarieJeanPage/
https://www.patreon.com/nicolemariejean

What's Popular?