Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplayer Interview: Anya Braddock!

Photo by Darien Hester

I mentioned multiple times on here since rooming with her at Katsucon, that Anya Braddock is a gorgeous sweetheart who I treasure dearly. Last night I managed to do a video interview with her and I couldn't be more happier with the outcome. You're guaranteed to laugh at least once during the whole thing as I dive into Anya's cosplay life. Classifying herself as the black sheep when it came to liking nerdy things growing up around her family, Anya was definitely fascinated by cosplay. Finding people dressing up as Sailor Moon characters wowed her to the point where she wanted to do this for herself! In this interview, you'll get a peek into Anya's style with her dozens upon dozens of bodysuits and bikini cosplays for ColossalCon. Whether it's Zero Suit Samus or Bikini Widowmaker, Anya certainly has covered a wide variety of characters.

From initially being all anime and a weeb (as most anime fans are), she soon dove into the gaming side of cosplays along with dabbling in some comic book characters here and there. With Kingdom Hearts 3 being on the horizon, she mentions she has a backlog of games to finish. Just have to get through not playing Overwatch and LoL, that's all! We both take a look at how Katsucon was for us, her cosplays she brought, and the cursed Panther tail that eventually broke later on. RIP Takamaki tail.


Photo by Photos-NXS
Every time I do a cosplayer interview in video format, I love each of them for their own reason. No way could I ever pick a favorite! I definitely can't remember if there was one where I laughed as much as I did with Anya. Her personality and smile just light up the room and seriously can't wait to see her at another convention. Her all pink attire for the interview, doubling back on questions to give me even more answers, tales of the cursed image, this was just lots of fun for me to do. I hope you all sincerely enjoy the video. Buckle up too, it's a long one ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------










Photo by David Ngo

Photo by Photos-NXS

Photo by Tenebroso Hour Photo

Photo by Wage War Productions

Photo by York in a Box

Photo by David Ngo

Photo by Photos-NXS

Photo by David Ngo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anya Braddock is an incredibly talented cosplayer and works so hard to keep putting out incredible content. She's already become such a dear person to me and I can't wait to see what she has planned next. I definitely suggest you all follow Anya's crazy adventures at these links <3 Thanks for reading/watching!
https://www.facebook.com/CrumpetsCosplay/
https://twitter.com/anyabraddock
https://www.instagram.com/anya.braddock/
https://www.patreon.com/ANYABRADDOCK/

What's Popular?