Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Monika Lee's Princess Leia!

Photo by Ngo Photography

Carrie Fisher's portrayal of Princess Leia in the Star Wars franchise was a hugely defining moment for fans everywhere when she first debuted. Not to mention the impact she's had in inspiring a generation of females for going after what they believe in/wanting to do something with their lives. You better believe she's one character cosplayers don't shy from. Whether it's the white robe/outfit to the iconic Slave Leia Bikini, her outfits are a part of nerd culture/history. When Monika Lee went ahead and cosplayed as her, of course I was excited! Here though, she's rocking the attire seen during the Battle of Endor in Episode VI. Like most other write ups where the cosplay isn't crazy detailed, I apologize in advance if this seems very short. It's been a hot minute since I talked about one of Monika's cosplays so I wanted to change that. Plus, seeing this in person at Boston Comic Con last year was so amazing.

Photo by Little-Noise Photography
Princess Leia's outfit consists of a large smock/drape of sorts that looks to be placed over her head. Thus making it look like a giant tabard or something like that. Monika dyed and weatherd up the piece to match the camo like pattern that you see in the final shots. Light blue jeans and brown tall boots make up the rest of the cosplay. Monika as always nails the posing and facial expressions <3. The wig is also spot on and I believe was styled by her once she got the base model in. Prop wise, she's seen wielding a lone blaster in some of the pictures. It's Leia's style to have lots of braid work in some spots of the wig, and the deep brown color is spot on.

Wanting to make this feel even more authentic, the scenery/forest is perfect to recreate Endor's appearance. Special guest star Starbuck can also be seen all put together in a little Ewok costume. AND IT'S JUST ABOUT THE CUTEST THING EVERRRR <3. Take a look at the other shots I picked out! :D


Photo by Ngo Photography

Photo by Ngo Photography

Photo by Ngo Photography

Monika is an incredibly dear friend to me and while I don't see her at cons as often as I do, you best believe I'm over here supporting her in wherever life takes her. Hopefully I'll get to see her cute self somehow this year <3. FB is garbage with reach and functionality to cosplayers so here's a link to Monika's own website!

What's Popular?