Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Reagan Kathryn's Olivia!



Reagan Kathryn is another wonderful cosplayer that I just stumbled upon through my daily Twitter scrolling and holy wow guys! She's done a wonderful amount of cosplays with just about covering every side of fandom. Though I wanted to get in touch with the gaming side and her massive love for the Fire Emblem franchise for today. Here, Reagan is cosplaying as the traveling dancer Olivia from FE: Awakening and man is this one beautiful outfit. Typical of the dancers in this series, the outfit looks very loose with openings in various places. Black and white make up the clothing colors with the addition of the gold armor pieces and pink wig which I'll get to down below. Reagan's Olivia has a loose top that comes down from her shoulders/neckline and drapes all the way down to her legs. The way this looks leaves her stomach exposed in addition to parts of her legs. The pants area is all black with the white from the top literally covering the side sections.


Armor wise, Reagan is rocking a belt and bracers in addition to a neck piece. The latter item has white fabric coming down and is then inserted into a hole placed in the middle of the chest piece. I imagine this helps the top stay in place. The bracers have that solid 3D look with the rims of them being raised up. The neck piece also has an interesting crest/design too! Just because Olivia is a dancer doesn't mean she can't pack a punch, so Reagan's rocking twin chakrams as the weapon of choice. These look to be done with the same material as the other armor pieces.

Most of her arms at the start are also covered in a black fabric similar to the pants. The wig is of a deep shade of pink with one ponytail heavily coming down in the back. Some loose hair is in the front being braided up at higher spots. A white headband rests on her head with gold chains placed on top of it. The weapons also have fabric attached so that they're connected as one item. Reagan's posing in the pictures make this look like it's actually connected to her backside so I'm curious if that's true. I certainly hope it didn't make Olivia a struggle to wear. Lastly, heels round out the rest of this cosplay. Posing is pretty on point as I imagine Olivia making those same stances. Check out the gorgeous shots I got too!



All shots by Michael Benedict!!

Definitely check out Reagan's page out if you want to see more of the cosplays she's made :D. Comic characters, anime, and more gaming resides there. You're bound to find an outfit you'll love <3

What's Popular?