Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Bloodraven's San!

Photo by Maison Hikari

I've yet to properly meet the amazing sweetheart that is Bloodraven so until then, I'll just fawn over photos of her stellar outfits! That sound good to you guys? Today,  I've got some impeccable images of Angel as San from the cult classic Ghibli film, Princess Mononoke. Given that the character grew up in the wilderness and was raised by wolves, the outfit itself is very rugged and feral. Some parts have tattered wear, but there's a strong tribal look to San. Various top pieces are layered on top of one another with a black shirt below, and a white one on top. Blue shorts make up the lower part of the cosplay. On the surface, you may think San is relatively simple. It's really all the extra elements that make her special and Angel kills it in that department. Various necklaces adorn her waist and neckline. These are consisting of various teeth, possibly from animals and enemies she's killed. Giant earrings are also visible with a very intricate design etched into them. This was probably done in a clay like material or honestly foam with lots of carving done.

Photo by Coslife
Various red markings and dirt cover her skin to make San look as authentic as possible. The main attracting pieces show up when you get to Angel's head. The signature mask that lays on top of a beautiful fur headdress. Said mask was done with a variety of materials such as Thibra and Worbla (I'm betting). The headdress probably utilized the various fabrics Angel collected for this cosplay. The background in each photo is absolutely incredible and really adds to matching the kind of scenery found in the film.

Overall the cosplay is incredible to look at and was a dream project for Bloodraven to create. Other elements include the various wrist straps and straps that travel down one of her legs. Check out the other shots and let me know what you think! Apologies if this was shorter than you guys are used to!





Photo by Coslife

Photo by Coslife

Photo by Maison Hikari

Below I've given you guys a link to Bloodraven's Linktree which is a hub for all her other sites. Included in that is her website which has a more accurate look into her San with a list of materials she used! You guys NEED to check out her work, plus she's so so SWEET <3

What's Popular?