Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: JusCosplay's Pharah!

Photo by David Ngo

I'm happy to share with you all today another stellar cosplay from JusCosplay. Specifically, this got him an entry into NYCC last year thanks to a contest several panelists in the community held leading up to the event. Here, Justin is suited up as a genderbend version of Pharah from Overwatch and holy smokes is this something else you guys. Here, Justin is in the default outfit/color scheme of a rich shade of blue. Also added in are areas of grey and pure gold. The shots I have for you give a clear view of the full black under-suit he's wearing with every armor piece on top of it. There's a full jet pack extending out the back along with a pair of wings. I don't know if they're fully functional but if so, then I wouldn't be too surprised. Justin is an absolute beast when it comes to fully armored builds. There's also a shot which includes the helmet. That piece is mainly gold in the front with blue wings close by extending upwards.


Photo by Jerry Neeko Photography
I feel like foam must have played some part in the construction. Maybe pink insulation foam? I also saw shots of what looks like pepakura in progress shots, but that also could be for an upcoming outfit he's working on. The added tear mark on Justin's face was a rad touch too. The detailing in each piece is just freaking amazing. Red bulbs can be seen on each massive shoulder piece. The under-suit looks to be almost turtleneck like given that all of his neck is covered from it in one picture. Dressed up as basically this hulking mecha must have been very hot through most of the days this was worn at cons. Though Justin appears to move through crowds with some ease so it's not heavy/over-bearing on him!

All the pics I have give off wonderful looks at each part of the full cosplay. I hope you guys enjoy them as much as I did when looking for them! Seriously JusCosplay is a force to be reckoned with :D.



Photo by Castills Media

Photo by David Ngo

You guys NEED to check out JusCosplay's page to see more impressive builds like this. I don't know if he'll be attending BlizzCon or what his next build is but I guarantee you it'll be just as amazing as this one :D.

What's Popular?