Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Stephbot's Bulma!

Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography

I absolutely loved meeting Stephbot at Katsucon this year and totally have the hots for her now too XD. One of the outfits she brought to the con was her Bulma from Dragonball! I figured that'd be a rad one to feature given the photos I have being recent. Plus, Steph just looks so so cute in it! This Bulma version here I believe is one from the original Dragonball anime/manga when she first appeared. Either that or it's from one of her statues that I've definitely seen in passing before. At first glance, you might think that the cosplay looks relatively simple and it certainly does! However there's lots of pieces when you get up close. Starting with the easy stuff, Steph is rocking a sleeveless white shirt with tan pants of different lengths for her legs. A dark green pouch can be seen strapped to one of her legs plus she's got a belt equipped around her waist.


Photo by David Ngo
Hanging around her neck are a pair of bright yellow goggles with an even brighter color of lenses. Her arms show off yellow bands of clothing and black gloves. The gloves themselves have pieces of either fabric or foam on top to make it look like armor. Speaking of which, one shoulder is strapped with armor! A tan/light brown base with a blue ball placed on top in addition to Bulma's name attached as well. Steph's wig is a bright shade of blue/turquoise and looks absolutely gorgeous. There's also various markings on her face and arms too!

I honestly don't know of the gun prop was actually used in the manga but it's there! Steph can be seen holding it casually or putting it in action with some of the poses. This was pretty much the cosplay I met her in and oh man was she superbly sweet as she was gorgeous <3. The pics we got together were just A+. Check out these other shots!




Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography

Photo by Kevinertia

Photo by Mineralblu

It's safe to say that Stephbot is an amazing individual and one of many highlights to my Katsucon trip this year. She's super cute, sweet and talented as all hell. Highly recommend you all check out her FB page if you want to see more of her work! Also will be trying to get an interview with her soon once I manage to take care of others planned :).

What's Popular?