Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Ani Mia as Rainbow Brite!


Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

I wanted to wait for more pictures to eventually surface of this cosplay but I also didn't want so much time to pass that this became irrelevant. For cosplayer Ani-Mia, this was her first full blown armor cosplay. What better way to mark this occasion than to have famed illustrator/designer Zach Fischer to create the cosplay for her to make? The character in question is Rainbow Brite from the animated show of the same name. The only reason I can thinkthat of for choosing her is that this character/show held a special place in Mia's heart while growing up. The design is pretty standard when it comes to battle ready warriors. A breastplate can be seen as the main piece for her top. Unfortunately the posing with the shield is very prominent so I can't get a good look at what's beneath the bra part.


The shield is an altered up Captain America shield in addition to the sword being an altered piece (at least I think so). The photos I have also show the shoulder piece being an important part to the outfit as a whole. Blue and gold make up the color scheme of it. The picture on the left gives you a good look at parts of the top in addition to a tabard like piece that drapes in-between her legs. Speaking of which, Mia's legs have an armor piece just above ruby red heels. There's also some fur backing behind them which no doubt is there for comfort.

Mia's arms have rainbow wrapping with an armguard covering it from above. She's also rocking a crazy long bright yellow wig with a single ponytail. Given that the character is Rainbow Brite, you can probably see what the color scheme overall is like. Rainbows on rainbows you guys which is definitely pleasing to eyes. Mia also has a plushie of another character from the series as an extra prop. There's also a neck brace that rests just below her face. For her first armor project, Mia did one hell of an amazing job and I'm beyond proud of her for once again leveling up her cosplay skills. I'm now even more excited to see what kind of cosplays she'll be able to make now!


All Photos by Maze Studios!

Mia is one of the kindest individuals I've met in cosplay not to mention being a special friend to me personally. You guys absolutely have to check out her cosplays if you haven't yet. I PROMISE you will not be disappointed <3.

What's Popular?