Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Rachel Nycole's Raven!

Photo by David Ngo

When cosplayer Rachel Nycole was working on Raven from Teen Titans for Anime Revolution, of course I got excited. I pretty much have typed that exact same sentence with many cosplayers who do DC related cosplays XD. In any case, Rachel's Raven is superbly purple which drew me first in the photos that followed the convention. Here you have her standard uniform seen in both the comics and hit cartoon. The black one piece suit includes long sleeves with a purple cuff for each wrist. There's also the royal purple shade with her cape that encircles pretty much the whole of the outfit. Held together by Raven's infamous brooch, it looks truly extravagant when it's flowing in action. Speaking of which, the brooch looks to have been done in resin or through a much easier effort.


Photo by Arjalti
The brooch is replicated alongside Rachel's belt which is positioned loosely around her waist. Her wig is of a much darker shade of purple and matches perfectly with Raven's hair style. She also has with her a lone gem placed on her forehead too! This looks to be one done in plastic and has some adhesive attached on the back in order for it to stay in place. Rachel appears to have also used some body paint to darken her skin in some areas to match Raven's skin. Either that or it was done in post editing. Either way, some of the shots like the one on the left look insanely epic.

Rachel always does such a stellar job with her cosplays and being as big of a fan I am, she never disappoints. The other photos show off her figure as a whole very well and Rachel does a fantastic job in the posing department. Check out the other photos to see what I mean!




Photo by Brittany Quinn Photography

Photo by David Ngo

You guys seriously need to follow Rachel Nycole's work if you're not already. On top of her immense talent, she's one of the sweetest ladies I've had the pleasure of talking with, still need to meet her in person one day <3

What's Popular?