Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Oh My Sophii's Dragonair!



When Oh My Sophii left it up to her Patrons to decide upon one of her upcoming cosplays, I imagine the initial decision wasn't just brought of thin air. She probably had Dragonair as part of a list of cosplays she eventually wanted to tackle. Patreon just ended up having a say in which new outfit she'd tackle first. So obviously, a gijinka of the Dragon type was chosen. For as long as I've known Sophii, this is DEFINITELY one of her more extravagant and gorgeous outfits. Lots of blue and white make up the whole cosplay. The main piece looks to be a vest for her lower torso with a shiny blue bra at the top. Further look on the outfit shows the same piece act more like a cape as it extends far down Sophii's figure. Traveling down her middle section is a white strap of fabric held in place via a blue orb which is a call back to Dragonair's orb resting just below its face.

In addition, Sophii has see through sleeves which include a poofy like part for her shoulders. Much of this gijinka is shiny and or see through. The photos were taken in a rocky like area it seems, almost giving off a castle like vibe. Sophii especially shines in every shot with pure magic. Also her wig is actually insane in its majesty. Both blue and white can be seen here with the latter color shown near the ends of the wig. Dragon wings can be seen attached to the wig near Sophii's ears. The makeup is absolutely stellar and a single round gem/piece is adorned on her forehead.

For the shoot, Sophii also decided to rock it barefoot which is a nice choice. To me it adds to the mystical nature of the Pokemon. Honestly any of these shots would be perfect for a phone/laptop background if you guys were looking for a new one. Sophii seriously did such a stellar job on this and hopefully you guys can agree with these other shots down below <3.







All Shots by Sam Pho Images!

Sophii is a very dear friend of mine and watching her evolve her craft along with marketing herself has been something else. You all need to check her work out along with her Patreon if you feel inclined to help support her even further :).

What's Popular?