Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Bloodthirsty Beauty as Rias Gremory!


Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

I surprisingly discovered the anime High School DxD through a close friend of mine and I wasn't expecting the inherent sexual tension that was everywhere. Specifically with the main character and the crazily attractive females. I guess it helps that they're all demons/devils though right? Bloodthirsty Beauty decided to tackle of course the main gal Rias Gremory in her school girl uniform. Done through her Patreon (which is incredibly rad, def check it out <3), this was definitely new for her in certain aspects. The end result that you see is Joanne looking incredibly beautiful and seductive in some of the poses. Given how she treats the main character Issei at some points, it's pretty spot on. Joanne as Rias consists of a neatly formed white top which just about ends at the bottom of her chest. Afterwards, you have the black waist jacket which matches up what's seen at the top. Here, it kinda acts like a shoulder cover to me.

The black pieces of clothing in this cosplay have a silver/grey trim going around the edges as well as some other small parts on them. The white top is laced up with a black ribbon but can lead to some saucy like pics when left undone <3. Hidden underneath the lower black cover is a skirt done in a burgundy shade of red with a white frill trim at the very bottom. White socks are seen in only the top pic of this post too. The wig I believe is from Arda although apologies if I'm mistaken. However, Joanne did a FANTASTIC job on it. Specifically with getting certain parts separate as you can see in the shot to the left.

There's also the lone strand of hair that's seen up at the very top. I most likely can go into more detail with the construction of this cosplay but why not at least tease you guys a bit and save the rest for joining up Joanne's Patreon. I know I know shameless plug and all but hers is DEFINITELY one worth pledging too. The amount of content she puts out is amazing and one thing I always look for in Patreons to join. She did such an amazing job on Rias and I couldn't be more proud of her (probably will change that stance as she completes more cosplays :D). Check out the other pictures below!






All Photos by CJ!

I have links to Bloodthirsty Beauty's Patreon and IG as I feel those are the platforms she uses the most at the moment! Thank you all for reading and all my love to Joanne for letting me do a write up on this <3

What's Popular?