Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Mink the Satyr's Caterpie!

Photo by Flash Cord Photography

You could say that my friend Mink the Satyr absolutely loves Pokemon. Debuted at Connecticon several weeks ago, Mink created an elaborate version of Caterpie as part of a Bug-type group at the convention. It's quite the combination of armor and fabric as you'll see in the photos that follow. For starters, Mink has a small breast plate for her chest that has the yellow underside in the middle section with green surrounding it. I imagine Worbla/foam was used in constructing it. Possibly patterning paper wrapped to her body so it fits well. On the green parts, you can also see small yellow holes with a black center. The cosplay turns into a poofy styled outfit once you get past the chest. Here, the yellow/green placement continues but is instead done with various fabrics. No seriously this thing is puffed up guys!

Photo by VanSnuG Photo
This fabric section continues to just about her kneecaps and ends there. You can also see a small glimpse of yellow shorts underneath too! For Mink's legs, it looks like to be green knee high socks were used with an armor plating on top of each of them. These are the same green shade and lined up with yellow circles. A hint of red is seen near the bottom of these as well. Mink didn't stop there for the caterpillar though! Big round shoulder pieces were created and looked to be connected by a green piece of fabric. They look to be done in the same manner as her chest piece.

There's also a face mask involved and a head piece over a very long green wig. The face mask is styled much like some of the Mortal Kombat ninjas in the game. Mouth and nose are covered so I hope it was alright to breathe in there! The head piece has Caterpie's signature red horn like top and bulging yellow eyes on either side. There also appears to be a tail coming out of Mink's pants from behind. The wig is exceptionally long and done up in several sectioned pieces.

Photo by Flash Cord Photography
Of course the photos look absolutely insane here as you'll see down below. The editing is fantastic and really shows off some of the best parts of the cosplay. Really hope you guys enjoy them as much as I have <3

Photo by Flash Cord Photography

Photo by Flash Cord Photography

Please check out Mink the Satyr's page for more amazing cosplays and her Patreon if you feel inclined/willing to help support her even more. I recently received a commissioned hoodie from her and I absolutely LOVED IT <3. She's such a sweetheart, you won't regret it!

What's Popular?