Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Azumii as the Blue Eyes Dragon (Bikini Form)!

Photo by Boyfriend Cosplay & Photography

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

The last time I shared off my friend Azumii, it was her gorgeous Blue-Eyes White Dragon gijinka cosplay she wore at PAX East. While yes the cosplay here is the same character, it's more-so its bikini form. You can probably guess which convention this debuted at yea? This form of Azumii's favorite Duel Monster was one of several cosplays brought to ColossalCon. With Blue-Eyes though, Azumii went all out including the wings and tail. The bikini as a whole looks to be a 2 piece set with the top ending at the bottom of a skirt like section. The lower section is all white with a tiny bit of blue. The material looks to be a very shiny form of latex or at least pool friendly material. As I mentioned earlier, the wings and tail are some of the highlights to Azumii's creation.

Photo by CB Visuals
The wings look to have a white outer frame and the blue inner parts are done with the same material as the suit itself. In the shot on the right, you can see that the back part has the blue take on a matte form on the wings. The tail looks to definitely be done with foam. I imagine it's very light as a whole otherwise it must have been a pain to have while walking around the water park. The curvatures of the tail look expertly crafted and work in some of the other pics I have very well!

Regarding the wig, it's the exact same one as used in her more formal version of Blue-Eyes. Including the ear pieces too! This without a doubt saved Azumii some time in creating it and also shows how resourceful she is. The photos are very bright and beautiful, showing off the cosplay in various lighting setups. The water in the background is prominent in some, and Azumii makes some of the cutest expressions too! I mean come on, can't go wrong with the booty shot too right? <3. I think I covered most of the cosplays so enjoy the other pictures I selected!

Photo by David Ngo

Photo by Parker's Photography

Photo by Boyfriend Cosplay & Photography




If you haven't yet, check out Azumii's FB Page and her Patreon! Both of which are full of rad content for you guys to enjoy. Boudoir concepts, as well as her undying love for Seto Kaiba, dubbed as her husbando!

What's Popular?