Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Convention Report: Boston Comic Con 2017


I pretty much viewed Boston Comic Con this past weekend as a smaller version of NYCC. Mainly in the scope of how many people me and my Dad managed to see. In fact, the cosplayer lineup was a huge reason in pushing us to go. Several cosplayers due to previous obligations/reasons won't make it to NYCC in a few months but being here in Boston allowed us to see them one last time this year. I won't give away a lot but all I'll say is my family is going through some difficult things as a whole. Each with our own personal battle, several of the cosplayers like Jessica Nigri and Monika Lee knew to some extent so especially to Dad, their comforting words meant a lot to them. A lot of these girls are like family to us in the time we've known them since I started going to conventions/cosplaying 5 years ago.

We went only for Saturday with me test running Wolf O Donnell as designed by cosplayer Ely Renae and Dad sporting a Steampunk Batman hat. With regards to Wolf, several items didn't work out. The belt was snapping off, armor on my legs were dangling due to the baggy pants and the gloves just weren't gonna work even with one on. I truthfully don't know how I'll fix them in time NYCC but the girls there loved it so that really meant a lot to me. Cosplayer wise you of course had Jessica Nigri and Monika Lee, along with Nicole Marie Jean, Riddle's Messy Wardrobe, Lindze Cosmedix, LeeAnna Vamp and a slew of other ladies lined up in the cosplay area. The convention itself took advantage of the same area that PAX East is regularly held in so it was different seeing the area lacking in color so to speak XD.

Jessica wore a Rule 63 version of Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones which looked insane for something that was completed in 4 days 0_0. Ryan was helping out at her booth and overall was delight to catch up with, though now I've been persuaded to do another drawing for Jessica since she misses them (FEELS LADY AWWWWW). Not far from them were the Atlanta crew of Monika, Riki and Lindze selling prints and chatting with all who stopped by. Riki was wearing a female Venom bodysuit but more so cosplaying as Black Cat based off a crossover art of the character pretending to be on the cover of Maxim magazine. Monika wore her Battle of Endor attire version of Princess Leia which I think she finally managed to finish. I remember she had to put it off due to so many things (if not apologies for the mix up).

Lindze was pretty much there as the resident makeup slave to the other 2 gals. Though we did selfie it up like last time at RI Comic Con <3. Nicole was their with her S/O Michael as Soldier 76 and the Sandman from Spiderman respectively. Nicole did one HELL of a job on the outfit which resulted in many hugs and pics. Even ended up on her Snapchat like always <3. I also met Dollilicious for the first time who looked beautiful as all hell in her Wonder Girl cosplay! Plus was more than happy to see my friend Azumii there in a surprise appearance helping Dolly out at her booth.

After we saw each of the girls at least once, we were left with scouring the convention floor for swag and gifts. Safe to say we both came out with more than what we planned. My loot included prints of course but Nightwing related items like a statue and keychain. I also met up with my friends Danielle and Justin with the former rocking a really rad concept gijinka of Shedinja from Pokemon! One of the last things we did was participate in our first ever Photo op with Jessica of course! That pic is all framed up and hanging right in front of my desk <3.

I think it was the meaningful chats we had with everyone that made the con for us. I can tell at some points that Dad got emotional with each conversation. All the positive vibes and love did wonders for both of us and we came home exhausted but happy. Thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart to EVERYONE we saw at the convention. You really made us both happy and appreciate the love you show us at each convention. Until next time, enjoy the pics!













My next convention will be New York Comic Con in early October. Potentially my line up will be Wolf on Friday, Prompto on Saturday and either Casual or Steampunk Nightwing on Sunday depending on what a certain lady plans on doing :3 <3

What's Popular?