Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Oh My Sophii as B.Va!

Photo by Eugene PROtography

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

I've been meaning to show off Sophii's B.Va as she had just unveiled it a month or so back for a convention. She herself was getting all hyped for the dye suit to come in and oh man the end result is truly something else. As a whole, the suit fits Sophii's figure so well and she takes the kawaii nature of D.Va to a whole new level. Just like the name implies, this skin for the mech user is black and yellow in color scheme. The upper part has a hexagonal pattern to symbolize honey combs. The remainder of the suit is just in a basic yellow shade. The leg areas have a distinct pattern with angles being formed with black and even hints of blue near her ankle/feet. The arm sleeves to the suit are all black with a yellow arm band shown too. What's interesting is the little accessories that Sophii added for the B.Va skin!

Starting near her waist are black pieces that look almost like armor that point at a downward angle. I don't know if these are legit armor pieces or sewn into the suit and have that inflatable look to them. Either way it looks pretty rad and is a sleek addition to the cosplay. There's also small black shoulder pieces with yellow circles up at the top. The wig looks to be black and is a very round like cut. A small hair bun can be seen up at the top with a yellow crown encircling it. There's also yellow headphones which is a staple part of D.Va's look just in a different color.

Some of the photos Sophii hooked me up with show off the cosplay in fantastic fashion. The forest setting just works for some reason. Plus you really get a good look at the whole cosplay. The weapon prop in some of the shots was commissioned if I remember correctly and the one close up shot is KILLER! I really hope you all enjoy the remaining pictures <3


Photo by Eugene PROtography
Photo by Eugene PROtography

If you haven't checked out Sophii's work yet, now's the perfect time to do so! I also have a link to her Patreon as well <3

What's Popular?