Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Riddle's Dr. Strange

Photo by Ngo Photography

When Dr. Strange hit theaters to critical acclaim, you can be sure his cosplay popularity shot through the roof. Male or female, cosplayers flocked to the Sorcerer Supreme. Riki took the latter route and genderbended Strange to a fantastic result. You have basically the movie outfit altered mainly with the introduction of the corset around her waist. Other than that, the blue cloak would pretty much take the physical form of whoever wears it. The main piece is of a deep navy blue shade, at first glance the material looks to be almost rough but I feel that's not the case. Multiple bandage straps are wrapped around both of Riki's arms too!


Photo by MineralBlu Photography
As I mentioned above, the waist strap/corset area is what makes this a much more feminine Stephen Strange. Here, the corset is mainly a dark brown with other straps in an intricate pattern. Small orange and blue pieces can be seen here. The iconic cape around her back is bright red with an interesting interior. The wig was an alteration to one she already owned. The boots are super tall and have added blue straps around them.

I should also note that the cosplay as a whole was sponsored/provided by manufacturer Cosplay Sky. It clicked for me since I saw my cosplay sis Megawatt Cosplay in the exact same outfit. Based on how it looks in general I can definitely see that it's the same product! The photos taken highlight Riki in the cosplay so well, movie like quality even! The infamous Eye of Agamoto is seen resting around her neck! Riki makes for a wonderful Dr. Strange and I hope you all enjoy the photos I picked out :D




Photo by Ngo Photography
Photo by Ngo Photography

Riki will always hold a special place in my heart with my time being spent in cosplay. She always produces 100% quality cosplays and I fangirl especially when she tackles fan favorites of mine like Tifa Lockheart! Check out her FB Page!
https://www.facebook.com/Riddlesmessywardrobe/

What's Popular?