Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kinpatsu Cosplay's Valeera Sanguinar!

Photo by Christian Gschweng Photography

Kinpatsu Cosplay has been making waves the last time I featured her. Most recently she debuted an incredible creation by Zach Fischer of yet another Dragon Aspect from World of Warcraft. While that's not the subject of today's Feature I did want to stick in the realm of WoW. Specifically with her cosplay of Valeera Sanguinar! Warcraft lore veterans may be familiar with the character and her exploits/adventures while many most likely know her from Hearthstone as she's the default hero for the Rogue class. What you're mostly looking at is a one piece-esque suit made up of fabric and armor. The chest piece downwards looks to have been done with fabric as was the hood and small cape (I think?) that's extending off Kinpatsu's back. The cape looks to have a standard pointy design at the bottom whereas the chest area consists of gold accent lines with tiny colored circles. As I get a closer look, it almost looks like the fabric has a vinyl look to it.


There's also a small tabard extending down the middle in-between her legs. Black circles can be seen coming off of her belt too! The armor work is absolutely insane with the breastplate, legs and shoulders all having this setup. A bright shade of blood red makes up the color scheme in addition to the gold and green stones. The breastplate mainly consists of the 2 cups and looks to have been attached to the main chest piece. Gold lines divide each cup as if it was split in half. The shoulders and legs have a layered look with black lines and superb weathering effects added in. Next to the shoulders, I'd have to say the daggers are another stand out piece for me.

A golden hilt extends into a neon green color for the blade. These have an interesting design to them with its curves and edges. I imagine these blades were done in resin whereas the handle/hilt were done with materials like worbla and possibly PVC pipes. Kinpatsu's hood looks to be part of the cape and allows access for the long elf ears to pop through. The blonde wig has bangs coming in from the sides and a ponytail up in the back centered. The hood is adorned with a gem encased in a gold surrounding. Also her contacts look insane here too!


The photos and various closeups of this cosplay look insane. Kinpatsu is definitely one many turn to for inspiration and her craft is always top-notch! I've yet to meet her at a convention but I imagine she's just a delight to hang out with! Check out the other pics I selected!



All other Photos by Kinpatsu Cosplay!

Check out the link below for more of her work! Her AX cosplay of Alexstraza is something else you guys! :O

What's Popular?