Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplayer Interview: Pixelpantz Cosplay!

Photo by Affliction Cosplay Photography

If you guys paying attention in the cosplay world may remember, there was this really gorgeous cosplayer by the name of Pixelpantz Cosplay who grew in some popularity thanks to her Ashes of Al'Ar gijinka. So much so that I featured it last year which you can read right here! I had the opportunity to interview her earlier this week and it was totally a delight. Especially after the slight struggle in trying to schedule it but Pixel was beyond sweet about wanting to do this with me. Pixelpantz is based out in the Midwest and has grown considerably since she started cosplaying several years ago. Most of her cosplays stem from the gaming world with other medias thrown in here and there. During our chat, Pixel relayed how she's pretty much a gamer at heart since her older brother got her into it at a young age. Whereas he grew out of the geek phase, Pixel never looked back.

While she enjoys comics and anime, gaming is the one constant that can pull her away even when she's neck deep in making cosplays. Blizzard specifically has a special place in her heart if you looked at which characters were created. There's the epic mount gijinka mentioned above, a Crusader from Diablo and D.Va from Overwatch! Pixel mentions her time playing WoW and Diablo (in the Crusader class no less!) and shudders at possibly going back to the former cause she knows she'll get sucked back in. She goes into detail about the Crusader's progress and how she added elements of her own creative brain to the base design. Along with insight as to how she approached Zach Fischer with the Ashes of Al'Ar design (and how much she hated some of the progress XD)!

Photo by Pixelpantz Cosplay
We also go into some detail regarding Patreon and the nature that some people have towards the platform. Having iffy thoughts at first, Pixel now is excited having recently launched hers with a plethora of ideas and plans in the works. Plus there may be an exclusive look for you guys later on in terms of future cosplays! Convention insight is also given with a look at her favorite cons and the unfortunate history with sickness and Katsucon ;-;. It meant the world to me that afterwards Pixelpantz enjoyed doing this with me so I hope you all can feel the same way!
---------------------------------------------------------------------









Photo by Affliction Cosplay Photography

Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography

Photo by Joits

Photo by Pixelpantz Cosplay

Photo by Pixelpantz Cosplay
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really hope you guys enjoyed the video! Again thank you so so much to Pixelpantz for giving me the opportunity to do so! I highly recommend you check out all her sites if her cosplays interest you enough!

What's Popular?