Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Midge Scully's Punk Jolteon

Photo by Cantera Image

Stunned is probably the appropriate word I felt when I saw this cosplay online for the first time. Not only because it's the super gorgeous Midge Scully cosplaying as my favorite Eeveelution, but also from personal reasons as well. After opening up to her about something, Midge literally threw this cosplay together in hopes of cheering me up and making me smile. And holy butts did that work! Midge's Jolteon has a punk/rocker vibe and definitely has some elements of sexy to it thanks to the push up bra (as Midge states) among other parts like the posing and facial expressions. The Jolteon here consists of a white bra that rests on top of a corset. Unfortunately the photos I do have for you guys focus on the torso and up for this cosplay. The the photos here do a good job at showing off the chest area and the super rad jacket Midge is sporting!

Photo by David Ngo
The jacket is a high raised sleeveless jacket in yellow with some black accent stripes near the edge. There's also a pair of handcuffs attached to the bottom of the corset. Black fishnet leggings which look to be part of a garter set make up the leg area. I absolutely love the wig and Jolteon ears Midge is wearing here too! The ears are laced with some kind of metal lining around the edges. Plus the old fashioned aviator goggles are a solid touch too! A short and simple yellow skirt is seen which pops out as well. Lastly, a choker can be seen around Midge's neck.

I can clearly tell that Midge had a wonderful time wearing this cosplay at Katsucon and for myself, I'm sad I wasn't able to see it there, let alone Midge in general :/. In some of the shots she took herself, Midge has the best smile and really looks like she's rocking out here! Hope you guys enjoy the other shots! It's a short and simple cosplay, yet effective at what she was going for!



Material List:
Yellow Ears out of foam?
Handcuffs
Black Corset
Push Up Bra
Yellow Skirt
Fishnets
Boots (most likely)
Jacket
Yellow and Black Fabric
Yellow Wig
Aviator Goggles


Photo by Chris Goss Photography

Midge Scully is one of the most loving and thoughtful friends I've made in cosplay. Pretty much whatever she makes brings her personality to life meshed with that of the character. I highly suggest you guys check her work out if you haven't yet!

What's Popular?