Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Luxlo Cosplay's Guild Wars 2 Warrior


I've had this lady in my planned folder for such a long time so apologies if it's taken so long to write this feature! I believe I found Luxlo Cosplay through a share from Jessica Nigri and while I can't remember what cosplay she wore in the pic, it was enough to make me want to stalk her work and pick an outfit! I stumbled upon this Warrior outfit from Guild Wars 2 and fell in love instantly. The armor work is incredibly intense and Luxlo in the photos looks both badass while having a cocky like smirk as if she knows how awesome she looks in this. The cosplay itself is made up of armor placed on top of a skimpy base that includes rips and tears alongside her chest, stomach and legs even! Both arms are laced with a vicious bracer and menacing gloves with spikes for finger coverings. Traveling up near the shoulders is where things get unique and different. One shoulder has a stellar pauldron with spikes coming out and the other is full covered by a skull face.


Photo by Gosenchi
Spikes decorate both bracers so that they show symmetry. Color wise, it's all about blood red, grey and black. The breastplate has the bulbs with almost like a glass finish of red hands reaching up to grab them (I could have gotten much lewder with that statement so there XD). Black/grey surrounds the rest of the breastplate which is high up on Luxlo's body. There really isn't much else in terms of coverage until you get to the waist center and legs. Hip armor is present on both sides as is an armor piece in the center as I mentioned above. The leg armor is segmented in various sections with beautiful weathering and paint.

Quickly getting back to the chest piece, I also want to point out the teeth that are surrounding the collar/head slot. FREAKING NUTS GUYS! The other big part to this cosplay is the massive sword which was weathered to the moon and back like whoah. Grime and dirt cover the blade up to what looks like tentacles wrapping around the blade near the hilt but not traveling too far up. Rounding up at the top is a short white wig and blood red contacts. I have no doubt in my mind that a ton of work went into this cosplay and the end result is just astonishing. She freaking wields the sword with no issue so I'm willing to bet that the material is light enough. The pics I have to share do a good job at showing off the cosplay as a whole! Enjoy everyone :)




I'd hope that this outfit alone does enough for you all to check out Luxlo Cosplay's FB page to see more of her work. I believe she did an Umbreon gijinka!

What's Popular?