Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Blondiee's Vaporeon!

Photo by Nexus Photography
At first look if I just told you this was a Pokemon gijinka, there's a chance you may have went with Gyarados as a guess. Then of course I'd correct you and say it's Vaporeon, which would then lead you to be as shocked as I was when I found out. This ultra cute cosplayer is AU native Blondiee and I found her through her work being shared by various other Aussies I'm close with. This was the cosplay shown in particular and I instantly fell in love with the concept and overall colors that popped. As I look at the photos, there's this innocent shrine maiden type look that Blondiee overall portrays as Vaporeon. Given that the Eeveelution is more so on the beauty side with its skin texture and design, she pretty much nailed that aspect of the Pokemon. A blue leotard serves as the base for the cosplay with various armor pieces throughout. There's also the waist area which travels downward thanks to gorgeous fabric drapes. These are also done in various shades of blue in addition to fabric texture. Chain mail makes up tiny shoulder armor and the breastplate which I imagine was done to resemble seashells. Going back to the drapes, light blue along with a darker shade shine here the most. It almost looks like these pieces have a lot more shine to them in comparison to the leotard base.


Photo by Cosplay Australia
You can really see it in the photo on the left, but the back of the cosplay shows the shoulder pieces much more defined/taking up more space. Fabric straps matching the drapes help hold up the breastplate, and the formed/popped collar looks absolutely rad here. Most likely mimicking Vaporeon's fins here! The armor is wonderfully crafted and consist of arm guards, leg armor and even claws for one hand. Blue and white with touches of gold make up the paint job. Standout pieces though occur on the face and of course the trident she's wielding. Starting with that, the trident has a very ocean like coloring to it, with the gradient shading on the fork piece absolutely phenomenal. To the point where near pure white exists at the top.

Gold resin stones make up the decorations in addition to the gold etched in design. Plus gold is seen on the edge trim of its shape. The staff it rests on has a dirty gold shade at the top before it transpires to blue the rest of the way down. For her face, Blondiee went above and beyond in the makeup department. Scales can be seen covering the forehead traveling slightly down on her side. A light blue wig is seen decorated with a golden crown and fins attached near the back. The fins have a blue trim for each part with gold pretty much taking over. I was pretty much in love with this cosplay the second I saw it and the photos I found for you guys only prove that. Enjoy!

Photo by Jason Finch Photography
Photo by Nexus Photography
Photo by Nexus Photography

Definitely go check out both Blondiee's page and Patreon if you have an interest/chance! She's been on the Overwatch hype train if that can give you a hint as to what she's working on! :D
https://www.facebook.com/blondiee99gaming/
https://www.patreon.com/sabercreative

What's Popular?