Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Azumii's Blue-Eyes White Dragon!

Photo by ThinkNu

If there's one thing I've come to realize recently, it's that my buddy Azumii really likes YuGiOh and has a husbando infatuation with everyone's favorite rich boy. So for PAX East, Azumii figured why not do a tribute to Seto Kaiba's infamous card that's played in his deck. What's interesting is that this cosplay/gijinka also combines Azumii's love for fashion design. In fact, she's currently attending school right now for that very subject matter. She hopes however that it can be taken to further enhance her nerdy little heart. For Blue Eyes White Dragon, Azumii went with a super cute dress design that expertly utilizes the color scheme which is plainly spelt in the dragon's name. The dress itself is mainly a one piece set with a corset like top and a bottom that extends downward. The latter portion specifically is layered in an alternating pattern of white and blue. Such a simple looking dress didn't satisfy Azumii fully though. She went the extra mile and added armor bits which I look at further in today's post!

Photo by ThinkNu
White gloves cover her arms up to just past her elbow. On top of them, are armor coverings fully white with a faint blue as the trim. There's also blue stones (possibly done in resin or another method) that are placed throughout these pieces. Worbla would be my best guess at the material she used. This reoccurs when you get down to her leg armor. They are placed on top of a thinly white stocking set (I think?) that Azumii has on in addition to white heels. The added pieces don't stop at the armor though! Placed on each of her fingers at the top are a sort of covering that's shaped to make them look like claws. Fitting for a dragon of such power right?

Blue wings decorate the side of her head which is covered by a shiny white wig. Oh, I guess I should talk about the wings coming out of her back right? They definitely have an impressive wingspan and look like they were done with chicken wiring and PVC pipes! With that as its base, Azumii then most likely covered it all in a blue fabric. Differing shades/types are used for the pipe base and the space in-between each section. Getting to see this cosplay in person was so freaking rad! Plus the photos Azumii got at PAX East are pretty epic, especially with the lighting and editing to emphasize the blue! Enjoy the other pics guys :D

Photo by Martinez E. Photography
Photo by ThinkNu

Azumii has quickly become an incredible friend since I've met her at Katsucon earlier this year. Please check out her FB Page and Patreon if you'd like to see more of/support her work! :D

What's Popular?