Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Jutsu Cosplay's Mechanic D.Va



It seems that the cosplay world will always have a huge area solely for Overwatch cosplays. Whether it's the character's default, a skin or a completely different take, people flock to the game for a huge amount and variety. For today's post, I'm heading towards the original take (as far as I know) for a very popular character. Aussie Jutsu Cosplay (who you may know for her incredibly on point Laura from Street Fighter V) took everyone's favorite mech driving girl and gave her a more casual look. D.Va piloting her mech and all, it'd make sense for only her to do repairs on it if needed. I imagine that played some part in Jutsu coming up with the idea of Mechanic D.Va. The concept is pretty much what you'd expect. D.Va stripped down to the bottom half of her jumpsuit with a sports bra and rag tied around her waist. There's also of course the bright yellow gloves and added in wrench. Jutsu is also known for her martial art skills and in general working out so her physique is toned so dang well.

Aside from the half jumpsuit, she also went all out with the make up and facial features. Pink lines on her face, a long brown wig (unless that's her natural hair) and the headphones hanging down her neck. She also did a pretty fantastic job posing even with some photos being a bit more cheeky than others (I think you guys can find the one), really capturing the nature of being a....well a mechanic duh! One such pic is edited in a way that adds in D.Va's massive mech she does battle in!

I also love the editing in the background. Very faint hues of pink and blue can be seen which is an obvious callback to D.Va's default color scheme of cotton candy spunk! The suit seen on Jutsu's bottom half was most likely printed out as is traditional to majority of D.Va cosplays I've seen. Though some do go all out and make it themselves! Jutsu Cosplay did a fabulous job on this and I hope you all can agree!



Material List:
Sports Bra/Gym top
Headphones
D.Va Jumpsuit
Makeup
Yellow gloves
Brown Wig




All Photos by Cosplay Australia!

Jutsu Cosplay has a FB page where you can go follow her cosplay and marvel at her work! I'm getting in the habit of sharing new people for the next few weeks and she's definitely someone I imagine sharing again in the future :)

What's Popular?