Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplayer Interview: SutefaniiRoozu!

Photo by Vander Photography
Last week, I featured my wonderful friend Stephanie otherwise known as SutefaniiRoozu in an adorable Dry Bones gijinka which you can view here! Today, I'm beyond happy to share a video Interview we did pretty much yesterday XD. As common with most of my other Interviews, you'll be able to get to know how she got into cosplaying on top of her other nerdy interests. For instance, Steph's first taste of cosplay came from wearing a Link outfit she did for Halloween! Looking back on it, she said she'd love to do an updated version of it. Cosplaying since 2011, Stephanie is really looking to expand her variety and is already crazy excited for the plans she has coming. Such as the case with the hints she dropped with a cosplay only known to her Patrons on Patreon! Her main love is mainly towards video games with a huge love for RPG's and Adventure games. Though she's also familiar with the MOBA genre having cosplayed from both League of Legends and Overwatch (which she's about to start playing).

In the Interview, Steph actually mentioned how her grandmother was her first entrance into gaming. Playing on the Super Nintendo and Playstation before dinner at her house. Anime didn't really enter until she was attending high school and truthfully she hopes to cosplay more from that genre. As of now, she's learning the ways of building armor and props. Sewing is probably gonna come at a later date and she's stated that it's unknown if she'll sew cosplays from anime or buy the outfits outright. Such characters include ones from Attack on Titan and a few others!

Photo by Beauxtography
In regards to other info about SutefaniiRoozu, you'll learn of her namesake and how it came to be. Her sometimes crazy schedule of working at the salon and hopes to fund her own bills through cosplay and creative hobbies one day. Steph also has an interesting view of cosplay as it's becoming mainstream and more accepted everywhere. You'll also get a look inside her recently developed Patreon and what she hopes to add to it. The cosplay I featured her in recently also takes a spotlight and it's really cool to learn more about it! I really hope you all enjoy the video and apologies for some awkward pauses among a few other parts!
----------------------------------------------------------

Photo by Deer Hoof
Photo by Deer Hoof
Photo by i_innocent_i
Photo by Deer Hoof
Photo by TheOriginalTZW
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really hope you guys enjoyed the interview and learning more about Stephanie and what cosplay is to her. She's such a sweet person and definitely one I plan on keeping an eye on in terms of new cosplays to share from her. As mentioned in the Interview she's known by that handle on all Social Media, so I have several links down below! Thank you for reading and major thanks to Stephanie for doing this for me :D

What's Popular?