Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: SutefaniiRoozu's Dry Bones!

Photo by Vthreepio
I'm happy to have for you guys super cutie SutefaniiRoozu for today's Feature. She's one of a few recent friends I've made in the cosplay world after I experienced a huge outpouring of love a couple weeks back. So I knew for sure that I wanted to share some of her work for you guys. Her Dry Bones was one cosplay that hooked me since that's one Mario character you practically see no cosplay of. As simple as the cosplay looks, I think she nailed the aspects of the classic enemy. Plus the head piece kinda gives away who she is. So that's a plus for those worrying they can't point it out! The cosplay consists of a tan colored leotard with black stripes wrapped around her torso/stomach area. Black shoes round out the bottom with incredibly high black socks covering her legs. Light blue gloves can be seen which most likely resemble the gloves Dry Bones wear. The main parts of this cosplay though have to be the shell and head piece as I mentioned above!


Photo by I_Innocent_I
Starting off, the shell is more so on the small end and attached on Stephanie's back. Almost as if she were wearing it like a backpack. The coloring and lines on it are very well defined. Material wise it actually looks like cardboard or a very thin layer of foam. The headpiece is quite tall and brilliantly shaped so that it's able to rest on top of her head. Combined with the long gray/white, it works beautifully with the outfit.

The headpiece features the Dry Bones' signature eyes and nose. Texture wise it looks like to be much harder than the shell. I have to wonder if some kind of sculpting was used or plaster. I can't get over how cute Steph looks in this cosplay and totally look forward to meeting her at PAX East in a few months! The photos are very simplistic and the setting works for Dry Bones. Hopefully you guys will feel the same way! Enjoy the pictures :).


Photo by Brilani Imagery 
Photo by I_Innocent_I

Please check out SutefaniiRoozu's cosplay page if you haven't heard of her yet! I can tell she's got some rad stuff planned. You can also find a link to her Patreon there too!
https://www.facebook.com/SutefaniiRoozu/

What's Popular?