Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Andy Rae's Rule 63 Hanzo!

Photo by Vivid Vision
Seriously I've been meaning to share Andy Rae again on here for a long time. Probably for a good amount of time since last year, in any case I went with sharing one of her latest cosplays for you guys and yup, it's Overwatch based! Today, Andy Rae created yet another genderbend this time for Hanzo. The bow wielding warrior is a pretty rad fit for her and the differences are obvious yet they work for her. Andy's cosplay consists of fabric draped over her leaving her left shoulder and arm fully exposed. With good reason too, since that's where the tattoo is. The other arm has a pattern etched in with bright blue and yellow for colors. A cloud pattern can be seen as you travel down towards the end of what looks to take the form of a skirt. A blue sash is wrapped around Andy's waist, with grey balls tied together hanging off one side. Course, there's also armor work involved here too!


The armor work involves one arm covered in a guard of sorts. Dark grey in color and ending just to where the black glove starts. There's also the fact that Andy utilizes leg armor that's on top of what looks to be fabric that goes just about aboe the knee. Similar in color, these pieces look to be layered on top of another with the prominent piece being where her kneecap would be. These parts are also very polygonal in style. What's most likely the stand out piece is Hanzo's signature bow.

I imagine some plastic or hell maybe EVA foam was used in its creation since I truthfully don't know. The bow looks real and possibly usable as well. The blue and grey work so well together, with some fabric added in a strap like manner. Plus, it looks as if some lighting was inserted into it so that's also another rad part of the weaponry. Andy's wig is super cute and on point too. Pony tail like style with blonde inserts down in the back. The pics are also pretty awesome with the colors really popping and Andy looking so gorgeously badass as usual. SEE FOR YOUR SELF :)

Photo by David Ngo
Photo by ZRB Photography
Photo by ZRB Photography

I'm pretty much gonna fangirl over Andy Rae forever and ever. Definitely check out her cosplay page, I can't praise her work more than I already do <3. SERIOUSLY NEED TO MEET THIS SWEETIE ONE DAY. Oh and as I'm writing this, I totally snagged a print from her FINALLY!

What's Popular?